Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bacalao-Style Fish Stew


I accidentally turned into PBS's New Scandinavian Cooking where Andreas Viestad was making Bacalao Stew.
I was enamoured by the concept, and amazed that this stew, with its chilli component, could fit in as a Norwegian dish.
Bacalao-Style Stew
I did some research and found out more about the stew, and decided to make my own.










Ingredients:
100 gms of Pacific Wild Salmon, cut into small cubes
100 gms of King Fish, cut into small cubes
4 medium sized potatoes, each cut into half
2 onions, sliced.
2 bay leaves
1/2 pod of garlic, minced
1 tbsp. of black pepper, crushed
1 tbsp. of fennel, crushed
4 red dried chillies
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 can of whole tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of lime juice

Vegetables
I chose whatever I had:
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced

Mixed all the ingredients in a pot, and cook in medium heat for 90 minutes

The result is a thick, spicy stew/soup that can be had as a stand-alone meal, or with rice or brown bread. If you want less tang, then reduce the amount of whole tomatoes/tomato paste you use.




No comments:

Post a Comment